From January 1-June 30, 2012, Santa Clara County is offering half-off unpaid traffic tickets if the fine is paid off in six months. To qualify for this deep discount, the ticket must be considerably overdue and you must meet these conditions:
- You must have an outstanding traffic debt that was due to be paid in full before January 1, 2009;
- The date of last payment must have been on or before January 1, 2009;
- You must have failed to appear in court or failed to pay in full, there must have been no civil assessment fee added after Jan. 1, 2009; and
- You must not owe restitution to anyone in that county;
- You must not have any outstanding warrants.
For more information, see: http://www.courts.ca.gov/15831.htm
For the eligibility affidavit form for Santa Clara County, see: